This tasty creation will give you a serving of nuts along with grains! A very nice flavorful treat!
- 2 cups uncooked quinoa, cooked with a 1:2 quinoa to water ratio
- 1/2 cup raw almonds, chopped in food processor until fine
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, chopped in food processor until fine
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper, or to taste
Directions: Preheat oven to 350. Place the chopped nuts on an oven safe pan and put in oven for roughly 10 minutes until roasted and golden brown. Put aside.
In a pan, steam sun-dried tomatoes in a little bit water for about a minute and a half. I find that this really activates their flavor! When quinoa is nearly ready (when there’s just a little bit more water remaining in the quinoa and it’s still wet looking) add in the sun-dried tomatoes and the roasted nuts from earlier. Add in paprika. Continue cooking quinoa until no water remains. Add salt and pepper. Enjoy with family and friends!
Yields about 8 servings